5 Ways to Celebrate Mother’s Day, While in Quarantine
Mother’s Day is quickly approaching and you might be wondering how to celebrate this year. Just because the stay-at-home order hasn’t been lifted doesn’t mean you can’t make this day special. After all, moms deserve an unforgettable and relaxing day now more than ever. Ochsner Health has five tips to show the mom in your life that you care.
- Breakfast in Bed – This timeless gift is one that your mother or spouse will love and appreciate. On this special Sunday, let her sleep in and surprise her with a spread of her favorite breakfast foods. If you have children, get them involved in the cooking process. Not only is this a sly way to teach some cooking skills but it helps your children feel included in the gift-giving process.
- Send Flowers – Sending flowers is a great way to brighten up your mom’s day. She will be happy every time she looks at them, whether you order a bouquet or hand pick wildflowers. This is also a great gift for those moms we can’t visit right now. Looking for an alternative to flowers? You could send an edible arrangement! Not only will she be surprised, but she will enjoy eating the fresh fruit or chocolate-covered strawberries.
- Plan an At-Home Spa Day – You might not be able to book a massage at your mom’s favorite spa, but you can still give her the royal treatment! Order a couple of supplies such as sheet masks, nail polishes, foot spa, hand creams, a cozy robe, fuzzy slippers or anything you think you think she will enjoy.
- Coupon Book – Make a homemade coupon book she can use to redeem throughout the year. The coupons can say something like, “Coupon Good for Washing the Dishes” or “Coupon Good for Romantic Dinner.”
- Write Her a Letter – It may seem like writing love letters are a dying art form, especially when it’s convenient to text in single letters and emojis. But trust us, she will love it, especially if you take the time to put your heart and soul into it. Being a mother is challenging enough without going through a pandemic. Make sure you acknowledge those challenges while expressing how grateful you are to have her in your life.
Remember – we are all doing our part to social distance and flatten the curve. With a little creativity and planning, you can make this Mother’s Day one to remember!
For the latest updates on Ochsner’s response to COVID-19 visit Ochsner.org/coronavirus
About Ochsner Health
Ochsner Health is a system that delivers health to the people of Louisiana, Mississippi and the Gulf South with a mission to Serve, Heal, Lead, Educate and Innovate. Ochsner Health is a not-for-profit committed to giving back to the communities it serves through preventative screenings, health and wellness resources and partnerships with innovative organizations that share our vision. Ochsner Health healed more than 876,000 people from across the globe in 2019, providing the latest medical breakthroughs and therapies, including digital medicine for chronic conditions and telehealth specialty services. Ochsner Health is a national leader, named the top hospital in Louisiana and a top children’s hospital by U.S. News & World Report. As Louisiana’s leading healthcare educator, Ochsner Health and its partners educate thousands of healthcare professionals annually. Ochsner Health is innovating healthcare by investing in new technologies and research to make world-class care more accessible, affordable, convenient and effective. Ochsner's team of more than 26,000 employees and 4,500 providers are working to reinvent the future of health and wellness in the region. To learn more about Ochsner Health, please visit www.ochsner.org. To transform your health, please visit www.ochsner.org/healthyyou.