Appointments Now Open For Ochsner And Jefferson Parish Mass Vaccination On Friday, March 5
2,700 appointments for Johnson & Johnson vaccine now available
Ochsner Health and Jefferson Parish will host a drive-thru mass vaccination event at the Shrine on Airline (6000 Airline Drive, Metairie, La.) on Friday, March 5. Approximately 2,700 new appointments for the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine are available now on MyOchsner or by calling 844-888-2772.
Ochsner Health will have administered more than 20,000 first doses this week alone, and more than 200,000 total doses. To learn more about Ochsner’s vaccine efforts, please visit ochsner.org/vaccine.
Eligible community members can make an appointment in the following ways:
- Existing MyOchsner users can log on to schedule.
- If you would like to setup a MyOchsner account, please visit myochsner.org.
- Call 844-888-2772.
- Call center hours are 8 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- You do not need to be a past or existing patient of Ochsner to receive the vaccine at this event or any of our vaccination sites.
When can I call or check MyOchsner to book my appointment?
- Appointments are now available.
- You can use the MyOchsner app or website to book your appointment 24/7
- Call center hours are open 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Will I get to choose my vaccine?
- This event will offer the Johnson & Johnson vaccine only.
- Ochsner is committed to vaccine transparency and will provide community members with information about which vaccine will be offered before scheduling.
- The type of vaccine offered at each location depends on Ochsner’s weekly supply and allocation.
Will I need a second dose?
- The Johnson & Johnson vaccine only requires one dose, so there is no need for a follow up appointment.
Who can get a vaccine?
Anyone included under the current state vaccine guidelines, including but not limited to those who are:
- 65 and older
- Healthcare workers
- K-12 teachers, support staff and daycare personnel
- Law enforcement and first responders
- Pregnant persons
- 55 and older with at least one underlying medical condition as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
A full list of criteria can be found at https://ldh.la.gov/covidvaccine/. Vaccination sites are open to those without insurance regardless of their patient status at Ochsner.
What should I bring?
Photo ID and insurance cards are not required but will speed up the registration process if you bring them along. If you are a teacher or healthcare worker, please bring your employee ID.
How long do these appointments take?
- Usually, patients are finished in about 25-45 minutes, including the 15-minute monitoring period following their vaccination.
- To make the process as quick as possible, we encourage you to complete your registration online in advance following the instructions sent to you upon booking your appointment.
Are other dates and vaccine appointments available?
- Ochsner continues to vaccinate community members across the state in our facilities and at community locations.
- We encourage community members to continue checking availability as new appointments across our system become available each week.
To learn more, please visit https://www.ochsner.org/vaccineinfo.
About Ochsner Health
Ochsner Health is a system that delivers health to the people of Louisiana, Mississippi and the Gulf South with a mission to Serve, Heal, Lead, Educate and Innovate. Ochsner Health is a not-for-profit committed to giving back to the communities it serves through preventative screenings, health and wellness resources and partnerships with innovative organizations that share our vision. Ochsner Health healed more than 895,000 people from across the globe in 2020, providing the latest medical breakthroughs and therapies, including digital medicine for chronic conditions and telehealth specialty services. Ochsner Health is a national leader, named the top hospital in Louisiana and a top children’s hospital by U.S. News & World Report. As Louisiana’s leading healthcare educator, Ochsner Health and its partners educate thousands of healthcare professionals annually. Ochsner Health is innovating healthcare by investing in new technologies and research to make world-class care more accessible, affordable, convenient and effective. Ochsner's team of more than 30,000 employees and 4,500 providers are working to reinvent the future of health and wellness in the region. To learn more about Ochsner Health, please visit www.ochsner.org.