Ochsner Health Announces Latest COVID-19 Vaccination and Hospitalization Data
Ochsner administers 22,112 vaccines over two days
Ochsner Health has released the latest COVID-19 updates and resources from across the system. Below are key statistics and milestones as of Monday, January 11, 2021. This data represents all Ochsner facilities across Louisiana and the Gulf South.
- 587 COVID-19 positive inpatients
- 8,167 discharged COVID-19 positive inpatients to date
- 57,035 vaccine doses administered to employees, healthcare providers and eligible community members
- 113,025 scheduled vaccine appointments
*Data includes Ochsner Health, Ochsner Lafayette General and Ochsner LSU Health Shreveport.
“While COVID-19 continues to impact our communities, Ochsner Health is proud to lead the way in ending this pandemic through the vaccination of our employees, patients and community members. Our teams across the state administered 22,112 vaccinations over the weekend and will continue to ramp up our efforts to vaccinate every member of our community who wants one following the criteria set forth by the state as supply allows,” said Warner Thomas, President and CEO, Ochsner Health.
As the current COVID-19 surge continues across the state and country, Ochsner also reminds community members of the health resources and services available to them.
- Community COVID-19 Testing - Ochsner continues to offer COVID-19 testing across the state at no out-of-pocket cost. Community members who wish to receive a test can find a list of locations at ochsner.org/testing.
- Call the free Ochsner information line at 844-888-2772 for 24/7 advice and COVID-19 information
- Established Ochsner patients can schedule a video visit with their provider and send secure messages via MyOchsner
- New patients can see a provider over video through www.ochsner.org/virtualvisits or via the Ochsner Anywhere Care app.
For more information about Ochsner’s COVID-19 response, please visit www.ochsner.org/coronavirus.
About Ochsner Health
Ochsner Health is a system that delivers health to the people of Louisiana, Mississippi and the Gulf South with a mission to Serve, Heal, Lead, Educate and Innovate. Ochsner Health is a not-for-profit committed to giving back to the communities it serves through preventative screenings, health and wellness resources and partnerships with innovative organizations that share our vision. Ochsner Health healed more than 876,000 people from across the globe in 2019, providing the latest medical breakthroughs and therapies, including digital medicine for chronic conditions and telehealth specialty services. Ochsner Health is a national leader, named the top hospital in Louisiana and a top children’s hospital by U.S. News & World Report. As Louisiana’s leading healthcare educator, Ochsner Health and its partners educate thousands of healthcare professionals annually. Ochsner Health is innovating healthcare by investing in new technologies and research to make world-class care more accessible, affordable, convenient and effective. Ochsner's team of more than 26,000 employees and 4,500 providers are working to reinvent the future of health and wellness in the region. To learn more about Ochsner Health, please visit www.ochsner.org. To transform your health, please visit www.ochsner.org/healthyyou.