- Best Employers for Workers Over 50 (2011, 2013)
American Heart Association (AHA): Ochsner Medical Center – West Bank Campus
- Get With The Guidelines SM Gold Award
Becker’s Hospital Review: Ochsner Medical Center
- 50 Best Hospitals in America (2011) and 100 Great Hospitals in America (2012-2017)
- 60 Hospitals With Great Orthopedic Programs (2011) and 100 Hospitals With Great Orthopedic Programs (2015)
- 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs (2013)
- 100 Hospitals with Great Neurosurgery and Spine Programs (2013, 2016)
- 100 Integrated Health Systems to Know (2013)
- 100 Accountable Care Organizations to Know (2013)
- 100 Hospitals With Great Women's Health Programs (2014)
- 100 Hospitals With Great Heart Programs (2014)
- 110 Physician Leaders to Know (2016)
- 50 Great Health Systems to Know (2015)
- 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare (2016)
- 130 Women Hospital andHealth System Leaders to Know (2016)
- 135 Nonprofit Hospital and Health System CEOs to Know
- 50 Hospitals with Innovation Programs (2016)
- 50 Healthcare Leaders Under 40 (2016)
- 100 Great Community Hospitals (2016)
- 150 Hospital and Health System CFOs to Know (2016)
Following is a list of Ochsner’s many notable 2017 CareChex® awards:
Ochsner Medical Center - Jefferson Highway
Top 10% of Hospitals in the nation in 16 clinical categories
Ochsner Medical Center - Baton Rouge
Top 10% Of Hospitals in the nation in 6 clinical categories
Ochsner Medical Center - Kenner
Top 10% Of Hospitals in the nation in 2 clinical categories
Ochsner Medical Center - North Shore
Top 10% Of Hospitals in the nation in 1 clinical categories
# 1 in the State
Ochsner Medical Center - Jefferson Highway was recognized as the number one hospital in Louisiana for 12 specialties.
GI Hemorrhage (#9 In The Nation)
Interventional Carotid Care
Neurological Surgery (#4 In The Nation)
Organ Transplants (#1 In The Nation)
Liver Transplant (#1 in the nation)
Top 10 in the Nation
Organ Transplants (#1 in the nation)
Liver Transplant (#1 in the nation)
Neurological Surgery (#4 in the nation)
GI Hemorrhage (#9 in the nation)
CityBusiness: Ochsner Health System
- Best Places to Work (2005-2016)
The Great 100 Nurses of Louisiana Foundation: Ochsner Health System
- Great 100 Nurses in Louisiana (2008-2015)
Health and Human Services Department: Ochsner Clinic Foundation
- Healthcare Innovation Award (2012)
- Ochsner Health System has been named one of four 2016 finalists in the Health Acceleration Challenge by the Forum on Health Care Innovation – a collaboration between Harvard Business School (HBS) and Harvard Medical School (HMS) – for its work on the Ochsner Hypertension Digital Medicine Program. The challenge focuses on taking compelling, already-implemented health care solutions and helping them to grow and increase their impact through powerful networking and funding opportunities.
Healthcare IT News: Ochsner Health System
- Where to Work: Best Hospital IT Departments: #5 of ten hospitals in the Large Hospitals category (2011)
- 5 Best Super Hospital IT Departments (2013)
Healthgrades, the nation's most trusted source of health care provider information, has named Ochsner Health System as one of the Distinguished Hospitals for Clinical Excellence™ for the eighth year in a row. This prestigious distinction places Ochsner among the top five percent of U.S. hospitals for clinical outcomes – and the only hospitals in the tri-state area of Louisiana, Alabama and Mississippi to receive the award.
Healthgrades also named Ochsner Health System as one of America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Coronary Intervention for three consecutive years (2015 – 2017).
Hospitals & Health Networks: Ochsner Health System
- Health Care’s Most Wired – For the 11th consecutive year, Ochsner Health System has been named as a Most Wired Advanced Hospital in the 19th annual Health Care’s Most Wired Survey by Hospitals & Health Networks (H&HN) magazine. The Most Wired Advanced designation primarily focuses on four core areas--infrastructure, business and administrative management, clinical quality and safety, and clinical integration.
Only 22 hospitals in the nation have been recognized as an Advanced Hospital, and Ochsner is the only hospital in Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama appointed to this list.
- Top Performer on Key Quality Measures®: Ochsner Medical Center – North Shore (2011), Ochsner St. Anne General Hospital and Chabert Medical Center (2013)
- Accredited Gold Seal of Approval: Ochsner Medical Center, Ochsner Medical Center – West Bank, Ochsner Medical Center – Elmwood & Ochsner Clinics (2012)
- Disease-Specific Care Comprehensive Stroke Center Certification: Ochsner Medical Center (2013)
Louisiana Hospital Association: Ochsner Medical Center – Baton Rouge
- Hospital Engagement Network (HEN) Improvements in all 10 areas
National Adult and Influenza Immunization Summit
- Honorable Mention for Adult Immunization Champion (2017)
National Research Corporation (NRC) Consumer Choice: Ochsner Health System
- “Consumer Choice Award” Winner -- 20th consecutive year
Truven Health Analytics
Ochsner Medical Center (including Ochsner Medical Center – West Bank Campus and Ochsner Baptist Medical Center)
- 100 Top Hospitals® and Top 15 Major Teaching Hospitals in the nation (2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2017)
- 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals (2011)
- Everest Award -- one of only six hospitals in the U.S. (2011, 2012)
- Top Quintile (20 percent): Best Performing Systems (2011)
Ochsner Medical Center – Baton Rouge
- Everest Award -- one of only 10 hospitals in the U.S. (2017)
- Only Louisiana hospital named to the 100 Top Hospitals® list. (2016, 2017)
- Only Louisiana hospital named to the 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals® list. (2016)
U.S. News and World Report
Ochsner Medical Center, Ochsner Baptist and Ochsner Medical Center – West Bank Campus* have again been ranked among the best hospitals in the country in four medical specialties, according to U.S. News and World Report’s 2017-18 Best Hospitals rankings. Only 61 hospitals in the country ranked nationally in four or more specialties. The annual Best Hospitals rankings recognize hospitals that excel in treating the most challenging patients. This is the 17th time since 1996 Ochsner has been recognized among the Best Hospitals in America.
Ochsner Hospital for Children has been ranked among the top 50 children’s hospitals in the country for pediatric cardiology and heart surgery specialties in the new 2017-18 U.S. News and World Reports Best Children’s Hospitals rankings. Ochsner Hospital for Children is the only hospital in Louisiana and Mississippi to be recognized and offers one of the largest pediatric cardiology programs in the Gulf South.
U.S. News publishes Best Children’s Hospitals to help families of children with rare, complex or life-threatening illnesses find the best medical care available. The rankings are available at Best Children’s Hospitals and will appear in the U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Hospitals 2018” guidebook.
- Modern Healthcare 50 Most Powerful Physician Executives in U.S.: Patrick Quinlan, M.D., CEO, Ochsner Health System
- Nobel Prize Assembly Presenter: Richard Re, MD, Ochsner Researcher and Section Head of Endocrinology
- American Hospital Association Chairman of Section for Health Care Systems: Warner Thomas, President and COO, Ochsner Health System
- Becker’s Hospital Review: Ochsner CEO Patrick Quinlan named one of 65 Physician Leaders of Hospitals and Health Systems.
- Becker’s Hospital Review: Ochsner CEO Patrick Quinlan named one of 100 Physician Leaders of Hospitals and Health Systems and Michael Hulefeld, CEO of Ochsner Medical Center, honored as one of the “100 Leaders of Great Hospitals.”
- American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) 2013 Founder’s Award (Section of Cardiology and Cardiovascular Surgery): William W. Pinsky, MD, FAAP, Executive Vice President and Chief Academic Officer, Ochsner Health System
- American Medical Group Association’s Board of Directors: Joseph E. Bisordi, MD, FACP, Executive Vice President and Chief Medical Officer, Ochsner Health System
- Becker’s Hospital Review: Ochsner Chief Medical Officer Dr. Joseph Bisordi named one of “100 Hospital and Health System CMOs to Know” and Scott Posecai, Executive Vice President and CFO of Ochsner Health System, honored as one of the “25 Hospitals and Health System CFOs to Know.”
- Modern Healthcare Up & Comers: Beth Walker, Chief Operating Officer of Ochsner Medical Center
- National Diversity Council Awards Committee "Louisiana's Most Powerful and Influential Women": Dr. Victoria Smith, Family Medicine, Ochsner Medical Center – Kenner
- Beckers Hospital Review: Scott Posecai and Harry Reese, Jr. named in “150 Hospital and Health System CFOs to Know” list
- Beckers Hospital Review: Beth Walker, Chief Operating Officer of Ochsner Medical Center-Jefferson Highway, was named in 2015 edition of Rising Stars: 25 Healthcare Leaders Under 40
- Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston, Massachusetts: Edward Frohlich, M.D. honored for his contributions in cardiovascular medicine
- Monica Morgan was selected to receive the Health System Pharmacist of the Year Award by the board of the Louisiana Society of Health-System Pharmacists (LSHP).
- Ochsner Health System’s Dawn Pevey-Mauk, RN, System Vice President of Service Lines and Chief Nursing Officer of Ochsner Medical Center – Baton Rouge, has been named a 2016 Rising Star by Becker's Hospital Review. This recognition honors only 50 healthcare leaders across the nation under 40 years of age.
- Becker’s Hospital Review recognized Dr. David Carmouche, Senior Vice President and President for the Ochsner Health Network, to the 110 Physician Leaders to Know list for 2016.
- Michael Hulefeld, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer (COO),Ochsner Health System, has been named as one of the 2017 “Top 25 COOs in Healthcare” by Modern Healthcare
- The Louisiana Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics (LA AAP) honors Ochsner Hospital for Children Pediatrician, Raj Warrier, M.D., as one of two “Master Pediatricians” in the state of Louisiana for 2017.
- Australian Medical Council (AMC) Six Year Accreditation: University of Queensland School of Medicine Ochsner Clinical School
- American Cleft Palate-Craniofacial Association (ACPA) Accreditation: Craniofacial Team
- Gift (Guided Infant Feeding Techniques) Facility Recertification; Golden Gift Breastfeeding Award: Ochsner Medical Center – West Bank
- American College of Radiology (ACR) and The American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) Three-year Accreditation in Radiation Oncology: Ochsner Medical Center and Ochsner Baptist
- National Association of Epilepsy Centers (NAEC) Level 4 Designation: Ochsner Neuroscience Institute
- Commission on Cancer three year re-accreditation: Ochsner Cancer Institute
- National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers three year re-accreditation: Ochsner’s Lieselotte Tansey Breast Center
- Foundation for the Accreditation of Cellular Therapy (FACT) at the University of Nebraska Medical Center Accreditation for adult autologous hematopoietic progenitor cell transplantation; peripheral blood cellular therapy product collection; and cellular therapy product processing: Ochsner Medical Center
- American Nurses Credentialing Center’s (ANCC) Magnet Recognition Program® re-accreditation: Ochsner Medical Center
- Stage 7 designation of the HIMSS Analytics Clinic Electronic Medical Record (EMR) Adoption Model: Ochsner Medical Center – Jefferson Highway, Baton Rouge, Kenner, West Bank, North Shore and Baptist and 35 clinics
- National Initiative IV: Achieving Mastery of CLER, sponsored by the Alliance of Independent Academic Medical Centers (AIAMC): Ochsner Clinic Foundation
- The Gift designation by the Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals Office of Public Health – Bureau of Family Health: Ochsner Baptist
- American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence re-certification: Ochsner Medical Center
- The Ochsner Medical Center Leukemia, Blood and Marrow Transplantation Program, within the Ochsner Cancer Institute (OCI), has once again received the internationally-recognized accreditation by the Foundation for the Accreditation of Cellular Therapy (FACT) at the University of Nebraska Medical Center.