Ochsner Baton Rouge Welcomes New Providers
In its ongoing expansion across the Capital Region, Ochsner Baton Rouge continues to increase the size and scope of its medical staff. Six new providers across various specialties have joined Ochsner, providing greater access to healthcare for the community:
- Issam Eid, M.D., is an ear, nose and throat specialist (ENT) at Ochsner Medical Complex – The Grove and Ochsner Health Center – O’Neal. After earning a medical degree from the Tulane School of Medicine, Dr. Eid completed a residency at the University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio, Texas, and a fellowship at the University of Kansas in Lawrence, Kansas. He is certified by the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
- Christophe Marques, M.D./Ph.D., is a radiation oncologist at Ochsner Cancer Center – Baton Rouge. Dr. Marques earned a medical degree from the Tulane University School of Medicine in New Orleans, where he also completed an internship in internal medicine. He completed a residency in radiation oncology at Los Angeles County-USC Medical Center in California. Prior to pursuing his medical education, Dr. Marques earned a doctorate in mechanical engineering and designed high-performance devices for applications in the aerospace and defense industries, as well as auto racing.
- Bern Lee, Ph.D., specializes in neuropsychology, the study of how cognition and behavior are related to the brain and nervous system, at Ochsner Health Center – O’Neal. After earning a doctorate from the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, Dr. Lee completed an internship at Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit. He completed a fellowship at the University of Virginia Medical Center in Charlottesville, Virginia.
- Bethany Mensink, D.O., is a general surgeon who sees patients at Ochsner Medical Complex – The Grove and Ochsner Health Center – O’Neal. After earning a medical degree from the West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine in Lewisburg, West Virginia, Dr. Mensink completed a residency in general surgery at Beaumont Health Trenton-Dearborn in Michigan. She is a member of the American College of Surgeons, the American College of Osteopathic Surgeons, the Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons, and the American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons.
- Scott Robertson, M.D., specializes in neurosurgery and sees patients at Ochsner Health Center – O’Neal. He has more than 23 years of experience in general neurosurgery with an emphasis on spine surgery. After earning a medical degree from the University of Iowa Roy J. and Lucille A. Carver College of Medicine, he completed a residency at the University of Iowa Hospital. He is active in teaching internationally with the World Federation of Neurosurgical Societies. He also served as Lt. Commander in the U.S. Navy Reserve.
- Bindu Betapudi, M.D., specializes in transplant hepatology and treats patients at Ochsner Medical Complex – The Grove. After earning a medical degree from Kurnool Medical College in India, Dr. Betapudi completed an internship at Methodist Healthcare in Memphis, Tennessee. She completed both a residency and fellowship at the University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis.
To schedule an appointment, call (225) 761-5200, or visit Ochsner.org/doctors to schedule online. Online appointments are also available through the MyOchsner patient portal.
About Ochsner Baton Rouge
Greater Baton Rouge is home to Ochsner Medical Center - Baton Rouge, a full-service, 150-bed hospital and 13 Health Centers across Ascension, East Baton Rouge, Iberville, Livingston and Tangipahoa Parishes – including Ochsner Cancer Center – Baton Rouge. Over 2,300 employees serve patients in the Greater Baton Rouge area, including more than 250 physicians and Advanced Practice Providers whose collective dedication to patient care is recognized for quality excellence by Becker’s Hospital Review, Healthgrades, Truven Health Analytics and Leapfrog. Ochsner Baton Rouge is a part of Ochsner Health, Louisiana’s largest non-profit healthcare delivery system committed to giving back to the communities it serves through preventative screenings, health and wellness resources and partnerships with innovative organizations that share our vision. Ochsner Health healed more than 900,000 people from across the globe in 2020, providing the latest medical breakthroughs and therapies, including digital medicine for chronic conditions and telehealth specialty services. Ochsner's team of more than 32,000 employees and 4,500 providers are working to reinvent the future of health and wellness in the region. To learn more about Ochsner Baton Rouge, please visit our website and follow us on Facebook.