Ochsner LSU Celebrates One Year and Groundbreaking for LSUHS Center for Medical Education
Today, Governor John Bel Edwards joined leaders from Ochsner Health System and LSU to celebrate the one-year anniversary of Ochsner LSU Health Shreveport and its accomplishments, along with a groundbreaking for the Center for Medical Education at LSU Health Shreveport.
The event took place on the campus of LSU Health Shreveport and Ochsner LSU Health Shreveport.
- John Bel Edwards, Governor, State of Louisiana
- Warner Thomas, President and CEO, Ochsner Health System
- Dr. Rebekah Gee, Secretary, Louisiana Department of Health
- Dr. F. King Alexander, President, Louisiana State University
- Legislators representing the locations of Ochsner LSU Health Shreveport Academic Medical Center and Monroe Medical Center:
- Rep. Katrina Jackson
- Sen. Francis Thompson
- Rep. Sam Jenkins
- Sen. Greg Tarver
- Celebrating the first year of the Ochsner LSU Health Shreveport partnership, significant improvements in access to care and quality were highlighted as well as investments in people, facilities and new locations (attached State of the Partnership report)
- Officials from across the state joined Ochsner Health System and LSU for a groundbreaking on the new Center for Medical Education at LSU Health Shreveport
- Ochsner Health System will contribute $5 million, and Ochsner LSU Health Shreveport will contribute $2.5 million to the Center for Medical Education at LSU Health Shreveport, as part of its commitment to growing medical education for the state
Click here to see our Q3 report reviewing one year achievements.
For more information about Ochsner LSU Health Shreveport, please visit www.ochsnerlsuhs.org.
On Oct. 1, 2018, Ochsner Health System (Ochsner) and LSU Health Shreveport jointly formed Ochsner LSU Health Shreveport to oversee and coordinate activities between the health sciences center and the healthcare delivery system in Shreveport and Monroe, La. Ochsner LSU Health Shreveport is a public private partnership with a vision to improve health and well-being of its communities, access to care, quality, and facilities, expand patient-centered technology, grow the medical school, and enhance research in North Louisiana by building on the strengths of Ochsner and LSU Health Shreveport. Under the new structure, Ochsner brings their nationally-recognized expertise to the management of operations for partner hospitals in Shreveport and Monroe, clinics and the clinical activity of the LSUHSC-S Faculty Group Practice. LSU will continue to successfully oversee the LSUHSC-S School of Medicine, School of Allied Health Professions, School of Graduate Studies, Graduate Medical Education, and research initiatives.
Ochsner LSU Health Shreveport includes North Louisiana’s only Level 1 Trauma Center at its 452-bed hospital in Shreveport, La. The organization also operates a 244-bed hospital in Monroe, La. With more than 3,400 employees and the Ochsner LSU Health Shreveport Physician Group of approximately 500 physicians, Ochsner LSU Health Shreveport serves more than 135,000 patients with more than 600,000 visits annually.